Title: Injection Molding Technician
Reports to: Production Manager and COO
EEO Category: Craft Workers (Skilled)
The primary role of the Injection Molding Technician is to establish, support and implement process controls on all facets of existing and new injection molding projects, focused on maintaining Kanban inventory levels to support Production.
The IM Process Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensure molding machines and supporting systems are set to correct parameters and meeting production goals
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills to identify process, material, or tool-related issues and make appropriate recommendations
- Review and inspect machines often to identify maintenance issues and work with Maintenance team on resolution
- Work collaboratively with Assembly, Engineering and Quality Assurance in the implementation and sustaining of Pneu Dart, Inc. company policies. This includes compliance with process sheets / programs, mold validation, scientific molding and quality procedures while meeting deadlines.
- Learn products, manufacturing processes, service policies, and the research/science behind PDI’s products. Specifically learning RDD and RDD-Projector design and assembly will be of primary importance.
- Schedule and conduct routine changeovers for the various molds, as required by inventory needs and Kanban status
- Work closely with existing Team Members to help create and/or finalize mold designs
- Assessing the outcomes of activities and continually recommending improvements
- Precise quality measurement of parts to satisfy established Quality Control requirements
- Follow all cleanup and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all safety, quality and work rules and regulation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated success and knowledge in the following areas:
- General mechanical aptitude including equipment changeovers and mold maintenance
- Quality Control methods and tools
- RCA- Root Cause Analysis
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Assessment
- Microsoft Office applications
- Operation of hoists/lifts to safely manage mold and equipment
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in plastics-related field, or 1-2 years’ work experience within injection molding operations; experience running, maintaining and troubleshooting automated equipment operation is desirable
Mental & Physical Requirements
In order to carry out the responsibilities of this position, the following mental and physical requirements are necessary:
- Critical thinking skills, a desire to improve processes, and the ability to take ownership of activities
- Able to anticipate and communicate discrepancies to ensure proper utilization of press time for assigned projects
- Physical activities from mold setups including, but not limited to, cleaning responsibilities
- 9-hour work days will occasionally be required, based on business needs. Extended shifts or after-hours support may be needed to complete critical goals.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, Speaking, Writing, and Use of computer.
- Ability to lift / carry up to 50 lbs
Compensation & Benefit Considerations
PDI offers all Team Members a comprehensive wage and benefit plan as well as a positive and family-centered work environment. The following items will be provided as compensation and benefits for this position.
Base Pay and Benefits
- Wage compensation, commensurate with experience, will be provided
- All benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee and dependents is available. Benefits are provided in compliance with the company’s Summary Plan Description. Contribution rates for team members and dependents are determined annually. The benefit waiting period is 60-days.
- Participation in PDI’s 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% match of the team member’s gross income. The benefit waiting period is 12 months.
- PTO accrual of 128 hours per year, with accelerated accruals at various levels of tenure
- 9 Paid Holidays per year, in addition to a paid holiday to celebrate your Birthday after 1 Year
- Participation in the company’s Associate Incentive Plan (AIP), which rewards members of the company for meeting or exceeding quality shipping targets as a prorated portion of base compensation. The compensation waiting period is fifteen months.